06 Feb What’s On In Noosa
Live music in the park: Peregian Originals has great live music with In2natioN, Manana, Millions of Dreads and Janice this Sun 8 Feb, in the park next to Peregian Beach Surf Club, 1-5pm – powered by donations.
Divine Miss Catherine: Catherine Alcorn stars in The Divine Miss Bette with the Harlettes and 5-piece band belting out Bette Midler’s early classics, Stay With Me Baby, You’re Moving Out Today, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and In The Mood, at The J Noosa, Thurs 12 Feb, 7.30pm, $45/$40. Ph 5329 6560 or thej.com.au.
Rooftop flicks: Starry Nights Outdoor Movies screens ET on the Cooroy Library rooftop, Maple St, this Fri 6 Feb, 6.30pm. Entry by donation.
Silent film: The historic Majestic Theatre in Pomona, the world’s oldest authentic silent movie theatre, screens The Strong Man with Harry Langdon, a 1926 silent comedy directed by Frank Capra, Tues 10 Feb, 10.30am. Ph 5485 2330 or see themajestictheatre.com.au.
Live music: Check out great live music in Noosa from 6-12 Feb
- Celebrate Bob Marley’s birthday at Crawdaddy’s, Hastings St with The High Grade, Almost Lazy and DJ Rootsy B this Sat 7 Feb, 7pm, $10
- Alan Kelly performs at KB’s, Nomads Noosa, Sun 8 Feb, 7-10pm; Ryan Giles is on Wed, 8-11pm, free
- Sharon Brooks performs at Noosa Yacht & Rowing Club, Noosaville this Sun 8 Feb, 3pm – free
- Dodgy Rog is at the Harbour Wine Bar, Noosa Marina, Tewantin Fri 6 Feb Jan, 5.30pm
- At Noosa Beach House Bar, Hastings St this Fri 6 Feb see Carl Wockner, 8.30-11.30pm; Flamarique on Sun, 2.30-5.30pm and Andrew Lawson on Wed 11 Feb, 6.30-8.30pm
- At Cafe Le Monde, Hastings St, see Barry Charles and the Deeper Beat on Sun 8 Feb, 3pm; and Allan Kelly, Issac McGovern and Matt Stillert on Thurs 12 Feb from 6.30pm
- ZZ Top Tribute is at Tewantin-Noosa RSL Fri 6 Feb, 8pm, $10; Claptomaniacs are free on Sat 8pm; and Perry O is free on Thurs 12 Feb at 7pm
- Imperial Lionheart Hotel, Eumundi has Doolie this Fri 6 Feb from 6.30pm; on Sat see Bridey Rose from 6.30pm
- Coolum Surf Club has a soloist this Fri 6 Feb from 6.30pm and Casey Fogg Duo from 9pm
- Live music at Shades Wine Bar, Noosa Junction on Wednesday and Saturday evenings
- Rum Jungle are free at Sunshine Beach Surf Club this Sun 8 Feb, 3-6pm
Ferry cruise: See Noosa from the river on board the Noosa Ferry every day between Noosa Marina and Hastings St, with stops along the river at Noosaville. And find out about Noosa’s beautiful birds, river life and flora on the Noosa Biosphere Cruise – book on 5449 7513
Noosa Fishing tours: Explore the calm, pristine waters of Noosa River while fishing, crabbing and sight-seeing with Noosa Fishing and Crab Adventures. Pull up a few crab pots and taste the yummy #thisisqueensland mud crab or blue swimmer, cooked on-board. Half-day tours for up to 10 people include gourmet crab tasting and lunch, with rods, reels, bait and ice provided, all with an experienced skipper. Private fishing charters are also available. Phone 5449 7984 or 0407 206 062 www.noosafishingandcrabadventures.com.au
Boating: Lots of options to cruise and explore the #NoosaRiver, from the river mouth near Hastings Street to the upper lakes past Tewantin. Noosa River and Canal Cruises, Cruising Restaurant, gondola, Noosa Dreamboats, Sunset Cruise or drive yourself on a party pontoon or hire boat. #OBoathire has the biggest and best range of party BBQ pontoons, frontrunners, runabout, jet skis and kayaks at 222 Gympie Tce, Noosaville. 54497513 www.oboathire.com
Noosa Farmers Market: Sunday from 7am to 11am Weyba Road, Noosaville Also each Wednesday and Saturday the Eumundi Markets, Noosa Marina Markets on Sunday morning, Peregian Beach Markets on every second Sunday morning, and the Cooroy Markets on Thursday morning